Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rug to Riches

I've had this rug that is under our dining table for a long time. I think I only paid $17 for it at Garden Ridge and I've always thought it looked too dark. I would like to get something to brighten up the space. Here is my room now:



It's a tough room too because it's right next to the kitchen, so I have two different colored tables right next to each other.

h5

I would also like to change the table runner and accessories around, but for now I'm looking for a rug. Here are some I like although I'll probably end up looking at Garden Ridge or Old Time Pottery for something similar, but cheaper:

[caption id="attachment_666" align="alignleft" width="195" caption="Lowes"]Lowes[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_672" align="alignleft" width="195" caption="Lowes"]Lowes[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_679" align="alignleft" width="195" caption="Lowes"]Lowes[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_680" align="alignleft" width="195" caption="Lowes"]Lowes[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_675" align="alignnone" width="383" caption="Pottery Barn"]Pottery Barn[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_676" align="alignnone" width="260" caption="Target"]Target[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_677" align="alignnone" width="260" caption="Target"]Target[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_678" align="alignnone" width="260" caption="Target"]Target[/caption]

 

So what do you guys think? I want something brighter, but not too busy. (The black and red Target one is probably a bit much.)  Or should I get rid of the rug and not have one at all there?

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog - really cute so far! (I am just getting started myself!) As far as the rug - I really like the bottom Target on (But I am worried that the tan may look weird next to the carpet) So that being said, I would go for the green and white pottery Barn Rug. It is really fun. I would also maybe go for a slightly bigger rug, to give the dining room more definition.

    Cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top one from Lowes and the third one from target, both of those bring in the color of the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bottom Target one, the first Lowe's one, and the Pottery Barn one are my faves too so far.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails