Sunday, August 2, 2009

Handy Dandy Paint Edger

I discovered this great tool to use when painting a room. I found it at Wal-Mart by the painting supplies. I think it was around $5 or $6, I don't remember exactly, but it's by Shur-Line brand.

Here's what it looks like. (Clue was investigating and was disappointed to discover it's not food.)

kitchen 035

It's just a simple plastic tool with a flat edge on one side. You push the little black knob thing in the middle to either raise the edge and keep it free of paint. Then you simply dip it in the paint which adheres to the pad underneath. Once you run it along the edge of your trim, you get an almost perfectly clean edge. I didn't even tape around my windows while painting the kitchen and they came out with pretty much perfect edges. You do have to be careful not to get paint on the outside of the black edger thingies or you will get that paint where it don't belong. Then we you are done painting, you can rinse it out or just toss the paint pad. Happy trimming!

(I have a weekend paint story to share complete with total wrong color drama so stay tuned!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails