Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Easy Creamy Dijon Chicken

I think all my recipe titles start with the word "easy." This is a wonderful, creamy chicken dish that goes well with a number of different side dishes. It's super fast and simple with only 6 ingredients! I found the recipe on the Land O Lakes butter website, but I tweaked it a bit and reduced the amount of milk and sour cream by a lot to shave down the calories. This recipe makes 4 servings.

Ingredients:
-2 tablespoons butter or oil for browning chicken (I used olive oil)
-4 small or 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
-1/3 cup sour cream (I use light or fat free)
-1/4 cup milk
-2 tablespoons dijon mustard (I used honey dijon)
-1/4 chopped green onions


kitchen 065

1. Brown chicken in heated oil or butter over medium high heat for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, turning once. I usually cut up my chicken so that it cooks faster. Remove from skillet.

kitchen 063

2. Add milk, sour cream, and mustard to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce is smooth and heated through.

3. Sprinkle green onions over chicken and serve.
kitchen 066

4. Enjoy! I served mine with garlic pesto potatoes and cheesey broccoli rice. Yummm.

kitchen 068

Linking up to DIY day on A Soft Place to Land. Head on over and join the fun!



DIY Day @ ASPTL


5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a delicious meal..easy recipe
    I would substitute carrots or greenbeans.. or something with contrasting colors on the plate for appeal
    This is pure comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that does look good and EASY! Going to have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, YUM! I'll have to try this ... when I get some more chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I was looking for an extra recipe idea for this weeks dinner and I just found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious and is so easy - love those recipes! I think I could double it and have enough for a family of 6! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails