Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Painted Chalkboard Frame

I've been busy with cleaning and preparations for Thanksgiving, including getting my Colorado scrapbook album put together to show the photos of our trip. I mentioned before that we have four Thanksgivings to attend this year and we host a brunch at our house before the Thanksgiving dinner we attend that evening.

One quick project I worked on to add one more festive flair to that event is this chalkboard displaying our brunch menu.

crafts 035

It's a simple frame I had laying around, but hadn't used in over 5 years. After seeing all the fun chalkboard projects in blogland, I decided to whip up my own. I used Rustoleum's chalkboard spray paint to paint the glass using several coats. The frame was a plain wood that is now Rustoleum's Heirloom White. I picked up a 50 cent box of chalk at Wal-Mart and wrote up a list of all the goodies. Yum. The little creature in the top right is supposed to be a turkey, but I sort of ran out of room to add him in. I also forgot how difficult writing in chalk can be! It did bring back some childhood memories of hopscotch and driveway doodles.

3 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds soooo yummy...lovin your chalkboard! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I'm about to try it with an old window.

    Four Thanksgivings? That's a lot of turkey!

    Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a beautiful brunch...but wait...the menu doesn't mention gluten free muffins. :) The egg casserole was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails