Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to my home. I'm so excited about this linky party with the Nester. I love seeing homes decorated for Christmas so this is sure to be a fun one. Here are the humble decorations that I have used in my home to try and feel festive for the season. Our house is pretty small and I have limited surfaces to add decor so this is what I ended up with.

First off is the living room. I've been playing around with so many different decorations for our mantel. Here is what it looks like currently:

crafts 345

I added a garland from Joann's along with some bead garlands and candles to set a cozy atmosphere.

crafts 388

Here's how I had it decorated last week:

crafts 172

A roaring fire always helps it to feel more Christmasey. I'm not sure which arrangement I like better. This garland keeps losing its leaves, but I like that is more full.

crafts 150

I also like the simple color scheme of just using more the red and white. Which do you like better?

crafts 382

I also have a metal star I painted Heirloom White, a white sparkle tree from Sears, NOEL candleholders and LED tealights fromWal-Mart, and some other decorations I have had for several years.

crafts 350

The little metal trees on the left were made by my husband when he was a machinist. He also made the metal cross hanging on the vase below.

crafts 361

crafts 356

This is a jar I purchased on clearance at Gordman's awhile back. I added some fake snow, ornaments, bows, and an oragami snowflake. I created the snowflake according to some decorations I found on BHG's website. I will try and post a tutorial on how to make them, because the directions on the BHG site are pretty confusing.
crafts 401

Our tree is a bit too disorganized for my taste. I prefer clear lights, but Mr.Delightful likes colored lights. I think it's a guy thing to like the biggest and brightest colored lights. We compromise by using mostly clear with a strand of colored mixed in. Our ornaments are a hodge podge of hand me downs and some gifts. We have a few ornaments we have purchased on vacation. I would like to have two trees someday so that the main tree in the living room can be color coordinated and more streamlined while the second tree can have the mixmatch of random ornaments. I stick the really weird ones toward the back, but it's still a bit chaotic.

crafts 393

Next on the tour is the dining room. The dining room connects with the living room so I tried to keep mostly with a white and red color scheme to match.

crafts 294

I used a 79 cent bead garland on the chandelier along with some dollar store snowflake ornaments.

crafts 292

The centerpiece is the one I originally threw together for Thanksgiving and posted about here. It's just a $1 Old Time Pottery charger plate with spray painted pinecones and an IKEA candleholder. I added a gold bead garland and two milk glass goblets filled with ornaments and 23 cent berry picks from Joann's. The two little metal trees are another creation by Mr. Delightful. The table runner is a white sheer curtain folded in half a couple times. I decided to run it a different direction on the table.

crafts 272

Over on our antique radio I added a little glitter church with some fake snow, a latern, and some greenery stuck in a vase filled with snow.

crafts 283

Here's the nighttime glow.

crafts 434

My handcrafted ornament wreath hangs over the patio doors.

crafts 286

Next stop, the kitchen. I didn't do a lot of decorating in here. Just a few festive touches.

crafts 309

A $2 berry garland on the light.

crafts 313

A few ornaments on the star plaque I madeover a few months ago.

crafts 314

My ribbon wreath creation had a gold snowflake added to it.

crafts 315

A quick and easy table decoration using a votive holder and more berry picks. It's sitting on a little mirror from Goodwill.

crafts 316

I also crafted a little house out of scrapbook paper following a Martha Stewart template from her website. I added a little tree and a tiny car ornament.

crafts 325

The little house hangs out with the bird art I made.

crafts 326

Another bird art piece over the stove.

crafts 449

Final stop is the bathroom. All I did here was add a seashell in a jar along with another bead garland(I stocked up on them this year) and some fake snow. I know snow and seashells together don't make a whole lot of sense, but I thought it looked pretty.

crafts 331

crafts 333

That concludes the tour, thanks so much for dropping by! Please check out the other homes on the tour:


Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester


10 comments:

  1. I love that centerpiece! Personally, I prefer the mantle with the holly garland, but I'm just partial to holly.

    Andrew hates that our tree has all white lights, he's always trying to slip in colored lights. Even blue. Like I'm not going to notice blue lights suddenly appearing on my red and gold tree?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your mantel!! And the color on your walls in your family room is divine! Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is adorable!! I love the mantel with the fuller garland, but I love the "noel" candles! Our 11 year old's birthday is Dec. 19th and her middle name is Noel!
    Thanks for your stop by my place and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many sweet things to love, but I think my fav. is the little house with the little tree and car inside the jar. So stinkin' cute! You made that out of paper?! Amazing! Your home looks lovely.

    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing house you have and love love the decorations!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you know jealous I am of your fireplace?! SO JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your decorations, and the kitty just makes it so warm and cozy, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely home! I love the huge star and and the table top with the IKEA candle holder.
    Come on over to my place when you get a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so festive! I am stopping in from Nester's Tour. If you would like to see my tour posts you can click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog. Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails